Well, that escalated quickly!
As we write this article the number of Covid-19 cases in Australia is increasing rapidly, restrictions on travel have been introduced, and toilet paper has become more valuable than gold.
The World Health Organization and the Australian Government Department of Health have released clear guidelines on preventative measures, hygiene practices and social distancing which will help slow down the spread of the novel coronavirus. These include:
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Disposing of tissues properly
- Washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- If you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres away from people
- Cleaning and sanitising frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets